Studying Abroad and Financial Aid

Know before you go.

You may be eligible to receive financial aid for authorized study abroad programs, if the study abroad courses fulfill CU Denver degree requirements. Authorized study abroad programs usually include:

  • CU Denver faculty-led programs
  • Approved independent study abroad programs offered through other accredited US schools or study abroad coordinating agencies
  • Approved international exchange programs
  • Traditional study abroad programs at foreign schools approved by and coordinated through the Office of Global Education/Study Abroad

To be considered for financial aid, you must apply by completing the appropriate year’s FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). Students must apply to study abroad through the Office of Global Education in order to be eligible to receive aid. Most federal, state, and institutional sources of financial aid for which a student may normally qualify, with the exception of work-study, certain scholarships, the CU Tuition Waiver Benefit, and the CU Dependent Tuition Waiver Option, are eligible to pay towards costs associated with authorized study abroad programs.

Financial Aid & Scholarships

Located in Lynx Central

CU Denver

Student Commons Building

1201 Larimer Street


Denver, CO 80204


CMS Login