Frequently Asked Questions

Applicant Questions

What are the application deadlines?

TermPriority Scholarship ConsiderationDeadline if outside the USDeadline if Inside the US
Fall (August)March 1July 15August 8
Spring (January)October 1December 1January 4
Summer (June)N/AMay 1May 23

CU Denver uses rolling admission processing for undergraduate applications. You will receive your admission decision within ~10 business days of submitting a complete application.

Where do I send my transcripts to? 

Upload your transcripts into your application or send them to us at Be sure to send us transcripts/mark sheets from each institution attended. Please review the documentation requirements for your specific situation:

Electronic documents are preferred. If you are sending through a electronic delivery service, academic records should be sent through acceptable channels, such as Parchment, Naviance, eScrip-Safe, or SPEEDE/National Student Clearing House.  

Address Information



Do you accept unofficial transcripts? 

We accept unofficial transcripts from foreign institutions and official transcripts from US institutions during the admission process; however, we will need official transcripts from those foreign institutions by the end of your first semester at CU Denver. If you provide us unofficial documents, you will need to go through document verification

Are some visa types eligible for in-state tuition? 

Yes, holders of some visa types are eligible for in-state tuition (Colorado residency) under certain circumstances. Please contact Clay Harmon ( for more information.

What translation company do you recommend? 

CU Denver does not have a preferred translation provider; we recommend that you use an ATA member company.

Can I get an application fee waiver? 

Yes. Please provide a brief description as to why you are not able to pay the application fee and we will review it on a case-by-case basis. Contact us by email with your response.

I cannot find my Visa type in the drop-down menu? 

Choose F-1 as the visa type and email us with details about your visa type, and we will change your record as appropriate. 

I am in the DACA program, can I get in-state tuition? 

DACA recipients are considered domestic students, not international. For additional information, visit the ASSET/DACA Students webpage.  

Can you tell me how many credits will transfer and what they will be in CU Denver courses? 

Coursework from other colleges and universities may be transferrable. A transfer credit evaluation will be performed once you are admitted to the university. For additional information about transfer credit, please visit the  Degree Audit & Transfer Credit page

I am studying at a university outside of the US. Can my credits be transferred? 

Yes. Credits can be transferred as long as the university is recognized by the appropriate local authorities of the country where the institution is located.  

Do you offer any graduate scholarships? 

If you are planning to apply for a graduate program, you need to contact the program you are interested in for scholarship opportunities. Graduate scholarships may be available on a program-by-program. 

I submitted my original transcript when I applied. Can I get my transcript back? 

All credentials submitted as application materials become the property of the University of Colorado Denver. We will NOT return any academic documents submitted to CU Denver as part of an application or after admission. If you are unable to comply with this policy, or if this policy causes undue hardship, please contact International Admissions at before submitting any documents to CU Denver.


Do you offer any undergraduate graduate scholarships? 

Students will automatically be considered for Automatic Merit-based scholarships and will receive notification of this award in their offer of admission. If you would like to apply for additional merit-based scholarships and need-based aid, a Financial Aid application is required. 

View Costs & Financial Aid

I sent my TOEFL/GRE and it doesn’t say you have received it? 

It typically takes 10-15 business days for electronic scores to arrive at the university. Our office updates standardized test scores received every Friday. Our school code is 4875. 

How long will it take before I can get a decision on my application? 

For undergraduate applicants, it generally takes two weeks after we receive all the required materials to evaluate your credentials and make a decision on your admission.  

For graduate applicants, the admission timeline varies on a program-by-program basis. Contact your department for more information. 

Where do I find more information about sports on campus? And does CU Denver offer any sports scholarships? 

At CU Denver, we have Club Sports. Club sports are intercollegiate athletic teams funded (and often founded) by students. Unlike varsity sports, which the NCAA oversees, many club sports are governed by the National Intramural-Recreational Sports Association (NIRSA), a nonprofit organization that promotes intramural and club athletics. Please note that there are no scholarships for sports.  

CU Denver does not offer sports scholarships.

I am studying at a university outside of the US. Can my credits be transferred?

You will be required to provide individual course descriptions/syllabi to transfer in credit from schools outside the US. 

What documents do you require for the application? 

Undergraduate Studies:

Freshman Applicants

Transfer Applicants

Graduate Studies:

Graduate Applicants

What are some fun things to do in Denver and in Colorado? 

Denver is one of the most beautiful areas in the country with its 300 days of sunshine per year, easy access to the mountains, and within close proximity to several National Parks. Locating in the heart of Downtown Denver, CU Denver offers you access to hundreds of great bars, restaurants, shopping areas, etc.  

Explore Denver, CO

What type of organizations and clubs do you offer at CU Denver? 

Please visit the Student Organizations webpage to find more information on the organizations and clubs we have here at CU Denver.  

Where can I find more information about the degrees and programs you offer? 

Undergraduate Degree Programs

Graduate Degree Programs

My government or organization will be sponsoring my education. Is there anything that I need to do? 

For Sponsored Student information, please visit the Sponsored Student Information webpage​. ​Please do not hesitate to contact the Sponsored Student Coordinator by email at​ or by phone at (303) 315-0066.

External Credit Evaluation Questions

Admitted Student Questions

Can I defer my application or admission to at later term? 

Yes, you have the option to defer your application or admission; please fill out the request form below. You may defer your application up to three times and up to one year from the term you originally put on your application. For example, if you originally applied for fall 2020, the latest you can defer your application is fall 2021. After those three requests or if you need to defer more than one year later, you will need to complete a new application.  

Application Deferral/Cancel Request

How can I change my major?  

Undergraduate Applicants

You can request to change your major up to three times.

Change of Major Request Form

 Graduate Applicants

You cannot change your program of study; you must withdraw your current application and submit a new application to the new program.

Where can I find more information about scholarships? 

Upon admission, students will receive notification that lets them know if they are eligible for the scholarships and the instructions to apply. If you are planning to apply for a graduate program, you need to contact the program you are interested in for scholarship opportunities. Graduate scholarships may be available on a program-by-program basis. 

Undergraduate Costs & Financial Aid

Graduate Costs & Financial Aid

I forgot my password, can you help? 

Please contact the Office of Information Technology Help Desk if you have any issues. You can email OIT at, or reset your password yourself online

How long does it take for me to receive the I-20? 

Once you have completed the Immigration Document Creation Request, the Office of International Student & Scholars Services (ISSS) will mail your I-20 and it should arrive within roughly two weeks. Please visit ISSS for more information on Pre-ArrivalArrival at CU DenverI-20/DS-2019 Timeline, and more. 

What is the deadline to reply to the offer of admission? 

There is no solid deadline, but it is preferable that you reply as soon as possible in order to start your visa and arrival planning process.  

Table of Contents

CMS Login