New Zoom Feature Alert: Whiteboards
A new version of the existing whiteboard with some updated features!Amy Linville | Division for Teaching Innovation and Program Strategy Mar 13, 2023
Zoom is our university web-conferencing tool for faculty, staff, and students. Zoom recently rolled out a new version of the existing whiteboard with some updated features.
New Whiteboard Features
- Add Sticky Notes to whiteboards to help with reminders or quick tips in a discussion.
- Add Images and PDFs to whiteboards to help get the point across or further explain an image/graph through annotations.
- Templates: Built-in templates allow you to easily create flow charts, icebreaker activities, tables, and more without starting from scratch. Take advantage of the pre-designed templates to help you save time.
- Create whiteboards ahead of time: Zoom will allow users to prepare whiteboards before a meeting and then share the whiteboards during a meeting. This feature also allows for collaboration on a single whiteboard before a meeting between users by adding email addresses to the whiteboards in your Zoom account.
Ways to use it in the classroom
Check out ways other individuals have used Zoom whiteboards to enhance their classrooms.
- Annotating graphics, diagrams, text excerpts, or data visualizations that you’ve inserted as images.
- Quick demonstrations of concepts using the drawing function .
- Structured small group discussions and notetaking.
- Group project planning and feedback using comments.
- Drawing out formulas and equations for mathematics.
- Icebreaker drawing activities to help students get to know one another better.
- Lesson prep to prepare your lessons ahead of time.
- Whiteboards can be saved and shared later as study guides.
Want to learn more? Join a virtual training sessions.